Posted by Admin
on Apr 6, 2012 in EN
| 0 comments
Bread in Polish tradition has a strong meeting associated with home – no matter what times we are living every house should at least be able to welcome its guests with salt and bread. For us here at BIGOS its a symbol of the heart of things so we thought we would share our Manifesto with you. It will help you understand what BIGOS is all about.
We, founders of BIGOS, Association of Polish Bloggers Living in the UK, believe that the web plays important role in connecting individuals from various locations, national heritage, cultural background around one common topic. As Polish bloggers living in the UK we are convinced that both our Polish heritage, as well as various aspects of living in the United Kingdom enrich our lives so we would like to help everyone interested make the most of this great combination of ingredients. We think that BIGOS, traditional Polish cabbage stew, is a great symbol of our feelings/attitude/values/goals – it combines wide range of tastes from each and every ingredient and throughout care (? is this the right word?) and on-going attention in combining all those wonderful elements it results in the explosion of one rich ultimate experience. To all of us, founders of BIGOS, this is exactly what living in the UK is all about!
We, the BIGOS founders, as well as all our members, pledge to represent the following:
- Do our best to establish fruitful and trusted relationships between Polish bloggers living in the UK,
- Do our best to promote the best that the Polish heritage has to offer to the UK based communities,
- Do our best to promote the British heritage to Polish communities based in and outside of the UK,
- Do our best to collaborate with other minorities based in the UK,
- Do our best to provide the bridge between languages, cultural heritage, individual passions and other elements of the multicultural society Britain is today.
- Bring our expertise to those who need it – regardless of their background, nationality or views.
We hope to project our approach in the following, more specific goals:
- Develop an on-line community of active Polish bloggers providing on-going support to Polish women, men and children based in the United Kingdom to help with the process of their integration within British society and culture.
- Promote British culture, customs, traditions and English language amongst Polish citizens living in the United Kingdom.
- Promote Polish culture, customs, traditions and language amongst British citizens through on-line and off-line activities.
- Connect Polish bloggers living in the United Kingdom in on-line activities and off-line events.
- Provide the bridge between local Polish minority organisations, local authorities, public institutions and nonprofits and Polish residents living in the United Kingdom.
- Collaborate on minority projects focusing on integration of Polish children in British schooling system.
- Collaborate on minority projects and activities raising awareness of Polish women about their basic human rights practiced in the United Kingdom.
- Collaboration with local authorities on raising awareness of Polish residents around their rights and responsibilities in local residence, employment and other areas of life.
To join BIGOS as a member or partner, please check “Join Us!” page or contact us.